Imagine visiting your dentist, and the last training he or she had was 20 years ago. Would you feel comfortable having him or her diagnose you or -worse yet -pull your bad tooth out?
The complex global business market is changing on what appears to be on a weekly basis therefore continuous staff training is an essential element of any successful venture.
It’s integral to the health and success of your business that your staff is up to date on all of the products you carry, the services you provide, and any protocols you might have for dealing with situations such as special orders or disgruntled customers.
Here are a few more reasons why training is important:
- Increase in sales and better bottom line
- Reduced employee turnover and increased efficiency
- Using your good company image to attract talent
- Increased morale and improved company culture
Learning comes in different ramifications; incidental, intentional and compulsory learning. If you seek to go far in life or take your company to another level, you need to reserve some time for learning as well as invest in it.
Here are three key points that’s helpful for fostering employee development and improving staff retention:
- Cross department training
- Keeping training relevant with engaging, entertaining and focused content
- Using self-paced learning to enhance the learning experience
It’s important that you choose a combination of strategies that feel right for you. At the end of the day, you know your business better than anyone, so try a few different methods, see what works, then rinse and repeat.
To schedule a demo or get more details please contact Site Online Learning, at 1300 800 288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org